It’s getting a little cooler and cooler weather calls for hearty, yummy food. Here is a delicious and easy homemade ramen recipe that will warm you up on a cold day.
WHAT YOU NEED:
FOR THE BROTH:
3 garlic cloves, sliced
¾ tsp. salt
1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
8 oz. (225g) lean pork mince
2 carrots, grated
4 green onions, sliced, white and green parts separated
1 ½ tbsp. ginger, grated
2 tsp. chilli & garlic sauce
8 ⅓ cups (2L) chicken broth
4 tbsp. white miso paste
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
4 large eggs, soft boiled
8 oz. (230g) ramen noodles, dried
chilli & garlic sauce to taste if needed
4 sheets nori, chopped
½ cup (15g) bean sprouts
4 tbsp. canned sweet corn kernals
2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
For the broth:
- Place the garlic with ¼ teaspoon of salt onto a chopping board, and using the edge of a knife, mash together into a paste. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the pork and the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and cook for 5-7 minutes. Transfer the pork to a plate.
- To the same pot add the remaining 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and cook the carrots, white parts of the green onion and half of the green parts of green onion. Cook over a medium heat, for 2-3 minutes, until the carrots are tender.
- Push the vegetables aside to clear a space in the centre of the pot. Add the ginger, chilli garlic sauce and reserved garlic paste and cook for 30 seconds, taking care not to burn the garlic. Next, stir in the pork and any pork juices, then add the chicken broth. Increase the heat to high and bring just to a boil. Add the miso and butter and stir until the miso is fully dissolved. Cover the pot and keep warm over a low heat until ready to serve.
- Cook the noodles according to instructions on packaging and prepare all the other topping ingredients.
To serve: Divide the noodles and pork between 4 bowls. Ladle the hot broth over the top. Top with egg halves, the remaining green onion, and the remaining toppings. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Nutrition per serving: