If you have a sweet tooth like me you will love these cookies. They hit the sweetness you need but balance out macro-wise with the protein content. When looking for balance in your nutrition, recipes like this are invaluable!
The consistency of these cookies will vary depending on the type of protein powder and peanut butter you use. My directions are tested to my ingredients so use a little trial and error when you give them a go as they are quite finicky.
WHAT YOU NEED:
•225g Mavers Dark Roasted Smooth Peanut Butter
•36g Bulk Nutrients Vanilla Protein Matrix
•1/4 cup coconut sugar
•1/4 cup coconut flour
•1/2 teaspoon baking powder
•1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (the real stuff!)
•1 large egg
•1 large egg white
•30g Noshu Sugarfree milk chocolate chips
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a flat baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Combine the peanut butter, coconut sugar, salt, egg, egg white, and vanilla extract. Mix until ingredients are well blended. Sprinkle the baking soda over the top.
3. Add protein powder and coconut flour, using a rubber spatula work in until well combined. The dough will seem very dry at first but will continue to come together as you stir and work through the ingredients.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. The amount of moisture can vary based on the brand of protein powder and nut butter you use. It should be slightly sticky but not a total mushy mess. For a firmer dough, add a bit more protein powder. For looser dough, sprinkle the batter with milk and fold with the spatula until dough comes together.
6. Portion the cookie dough using a tablespoon. Place onto your prepared baking sheet aiming for 12 cookies.
7. Gently flatten the tops of the cookies using your fingers, as they will not spread but will puff up during baking. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, until the edges are barely golden brown and dry to the touch but the middles seem fairly doughy. DO NOT over-bake!
8. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5mins before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Prep: 9 mins
Cook: 6 mins
Nutrition per serving: